The County Homepages
Of where the Linkous family lived.
- Johnson Co. TN: Great site to find & do research on the "Linkes branch" of the family which settled there in the 1880s. Good online records for research.
- Hawkins Co. TN: This is the county where Adam Linkous settled in abt. 1830s after leaving VA. Many Linkous cousins live here today, deep roots. Lots of online records etc. to search through.
- Grainger Co. TN: This site is "getting underway". The actual local County records here are in a "sad" shape.See next link on Grainger Co., about the way "old records" are currently being kept.
- The "Original" Grainger Co. TN: See section about the conditions of "old records". Site has lots of info. on Grainger Co. history.
- Montgomery Co. VA: This is the county where Henry Linkous settled & raised his family after the Revolutionary War. Good place to start "Linkous" research. Has some records online. Many Linkouses live here today, very deep Linkous "roots".
- Tazewell Co. VA: Great site with resources & history for doing research there. Linkous roots run deep here too.
- Pulaski Co. VA: Another County site centering around the area of our "Early" Linkous family, many ancestors also live here today.
- Giles Co. VA:
- New River Notes: This site covers the area of Southwest Virginia, New River area of North Carolina. Great!! links to records & history of the area.
- Wilderness Road Museum: Online records of the museum in Pulaski Co. VA.
If you would like to see a certain website (or your own) added to this section, e-mail me and we will get it listed. PLEASE let me know if you find a link that does not work.
The LINKES/LINKOUS Family History Homepage.